Posted by Jim Foley, Managing Partner on September 12, 2017
Every Wednesday night starting at 7:15, we offer general knowledge TEAM TRIVIA at the taproom. It costs nothing to play, and the winning team receives a $50 gift card to a local restaurant. It lasts about two hours, and our friends at Puglies Mexican Cuisine are on site to sell tacos, nachos, and other delictible delights.
Bring your friends, bring your family, and show off just how much useless knowledge you have.
Here are a few sample questions for you:
1. Founded in Seattle, Washington, what multinational corporation boasts over 1300 subsidiaries?
2. What Silicone Valley company that specializes in semiconductor chips includes McAfee among its 135 subsidiaries?
3. What automobile manufacturer included Saab Automobiles among is 600+ subsidiary companies from 1990 until it sold the brand in 2010?
4. What American company has the Jordan Brand among its nearly 100 subsidiary companies?
5. What entertainment company includes Marvel, Touchstone, and ESPN in its subsidiary portfolio?
1. In the film Field of Dreams, what is the name of the author portrayed by James Earl Jones whose controversial book was the subject of a PTA meeting?
2. In the film Summer Catch, what actor whose credits also include Scooby Doo, I Know What You Did Last Summer, and She’s All That portrays leading man Ryan Dunne?
3. What 1988 Kevin Costner baseball flick included Susan Sarandon as minor league baseball groupie Annie Savoy?
4. What six-foot tall beauty starred as Dottie Hinson in 1992’s A League of Their Own?
5. What is the name of the star player portrayed by Robert Redford in the 1984 classic The Natural?
1. What “Little, yellow, different” pain reliever was discontinued before being brought back into the market relatively recently (2015?)
2. Naproxen sodium is the active ingredient in what drug, which they claim to be “All day strong, all day long”?
3. What ibuprophin-based pain reliever’sWhat manufacturer boasts that “We feel your pain?”
4. What pain reliever that calls itself “Advanced medicine for pain” has been on the market for over 30 years?
5. What acetemenophin-based pain reliever had been laced with potassium cyanide in the Chicago metropolitan area in 1982?
Not including Asia, there are twelve nations in the world that only border one country. Name five of them.